Here are the steps that go with my video (soon to be published) on making a powerful nutritious and healing bone broth.
Use the best, do your best,then sit back and receive the best.
Selection of grass fed bones eg marrow (cut in half), knuckle, chicken carcass
1 tbs Apple cider vinegar with the mother culture eg Willy’s
Vegetables eg carrot, celery, parsley, onion, garlic
Seaweed flakes eg Cornish Seaweed mixed flakes
Method – Part 1
- Roast bones in hot oven for 30 mins
- Put bones in a oven casserole dish and add vegetables, vinegar and enough filtered water to cover (or almost cover) bones.
- Put in a very low oven for 24 hours.
Method – Part 2
- Remove from over and let cool down.
- In a separate dish take out marrow bones and pour/scoop out marrow, remove cartilage gel, meat etc
- NOTE : there is nothing to take off the chicken carcass as goodness has leached from bones into broth, however, bones are now very soft and the smaller ones you can add to your marrow for blending later to add natural calcium to your diet)
- Discard all large bones.
- Drain stock over a sieve into a large pan.
- Discard veggies but remember to check for escaped marrow and scoop it out!
- Let broth cool to allow the fat on the surface to solidify.
- Put the marrow etc into a high speed blender and whizz to a smooth paste.
- Remove solicited fat from broth and either keep to use for frying or discard.
- Add the blended marrow to the broth and whisk in.
- Sprinkle seaweed flakes over the top of broth and stir in. They will sink to the bottom so remember to scoop them up when using the broth.
- Keep in fridge for up to 10 days.
- Aim for a cup a day heated up and given a whisk to whip it up in a smooth soup.
- TIP : you can buy extra bones and freeze them, then use straight from frozen.